Saturday, May 26, 2012

Committee or Commitment?

People of God, learn to soar over others disparaging criticisms and remarks, and poorly displayed behavior AND PREACH THE WORD!  Stop biting into it and learn to handle people like Jesus did WHEN NECESSARY.   It is time you understood your position as a child of God and walk in the authority He's placed within you. The Truth of God and His Word brings conviction but offense to those who are disobedient and those who reject sound doctrine to worship the works of their own hands.

I would love to see how "people" would handle what I call a Jesus Moment. John 2: 13-16:
13When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market!”

Can you imagine the backlash and table-talk pastors would receive for taking the position Jesus did and responding to people who have taken the house of God and turned it into some "entertainment" center for money making purposes?

So what if people leave your church for speaking God's Truth? It is the Lord who adds to the church (Acts 2:47). So what if you lose "their" monthly tithes and offerings? Jehovah-jireh is your Provider (Genesis 22:14).

When God sent His son, He DID NOT SEND A COMMITTEE! I have never seen pastors "moved around" like puppets and replaced if the "people" don't like or want you.

I was in my teens when the Lord gave me Jeremiah 1:1-19. I have my breastplate on! 13And the word of the LORD came unto me the second time, saying, What seest thou? And I said, I see a seething pot; and the face thereof is toward the north. 14Then the LORD said unto me, Out of the north an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land. 15For, lo, I will call all the families of the kingdoms of the north, saith the LORD; and they shall come, and they shall set every one his throne at the entering of the gates of Jerusalem, and against all the walls thereof round about, and against all the cities of Judah. 16And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, and worshipped the works of their own hands. 17Thou therefore gird up thy loins, and arise, and speak unto them all that I command thee: be not dismayed at their faces, lest I confound thee before them. 18For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land. 19And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.

If this is an area of struggle, ask the Lord to give you a back like a duck - when the water hits, it rolls right off.

1 Peter 2:7-10 -Unto you therefore who believe he is precious: but unto them who are disobedient, the stone which the builders rejected, the same is made the head of the corner, 8And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Narda Goodson 
First Lady of Whitewright, Texas 
~Narda Goodson, ©2012 Daily Doses of Gospel "PiLLs"
Official Website: http://nardagoodson.org 
Women's Network: http://predestinedbygod.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments if you've been encouraged!

Popular Posts

Search This Blog