Sunday, May 27, 2012

Comfort and Companionship Versus Contradiction and Confusion

I have a teacher that is always with me. Everywhere I go, He is there to provide comfort and companionship. I'm not talking about my conscience, which is God's built-in warning system and we thank Him for it. I'm not speaking about my intuition, gut feeling, or my perception, which are very useful. I am referring to the precious Holy Spirit of God that indwells every believer.

Jesus said, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" ~John 14:26, John 15:26

The Holy Ghost will ALWAYS testify of Jesus. Jesus is always the highlight of His conversations.

There are many "spirits", many "ghost" but they aren't holy. That is why the Lord called him the Holy Ghost so that you could distinguish, identity and recognize him.

1 John 4:1 says, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Anything that would take from the Glory of God is not of God. I don't care how sweet, how right, how believable, how good, or even how "accurate" they may be. If it doesn't line up with the Word of God, it isn't from God.

Let us remember to use the Word of God as our measuring stick. 2 Timothy 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Have a blessed SONday =)...


Tilt your hearts toward the Son!


Narda Goodson 
First Lady of Whitewright, Texas

Official Website: http://nardagoodson.org 
Women's Network: http://predestinedbygod.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments if you've been encouraged!

Popular Posts

Search This Blog