Tuesday, November 3, 2009

To FORGIVE is to Set a Prisoner FREE and Discover the Prisoner Was YOU

There is something about the power of forgiveness. Forgiveness is the act of pardoning somebody for a mistake or wrongdoing. It is showing mercy, leniency, and clemency.

Jesus found it important to address the topic of forgiveness. He said, “For if you forgive people their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], neither will your Father forgive you your trespasses" (Matthew 6:14,15 AMP).

Why is forgiveness so hard to express? This is very difficult for many people because it hurts when you have been wronged or betrayed by others especially those you have loved. But if we are to mirror our Father’s heart then forgiveness and mercy is to be a part of our character. Although there is no way around it, I cannot say that I have always found it easy to forgive.

There were times in my life when I thought I forgave someone for his wrongdoings only to find the Holy Spirit reveal that I hadn’t. I had buried deep within my heart RESENTMENT.

Resentment is an ill, angered, and bitter feeling caused by a sense of having been badly treated. If you have any of these symptoms, then you are in the stage of resentment. Let’s call it what it truly is.

What helped me during my process what the fact that the Father has forgiven me for all my mistakes and wrongdoings. When I think of the mercy He extends to me, it humbles me rather quickly to think who am I that I shouldn’t forgive others either.

God still loves you even though you are experiencing resentment and wants to help you with the process of letting go and giving it up. Sometimes the letting go is not instantaneous but if you reach out to Him during the times you feel angered and ill, He will help you. He will place a love and compassion to replace the cold and bitter feelings for that individual.

But you must not live in denial. When those feelings surface, be truthful to yourself and with God. Let Him know how you are really feeling and then ask Him to remove it.

Tilt your heart towards the SON!

Narda Goodson
First Lady of Whitewright, Texas
Influence, Inspire, & Infiltrate! 

Official Website: Narda Goodson Ministries
Women's Network: Predestined by God
Facebook: @nardagoodson
Twitter: @nardagoodson
LinkedIn: @nardagoodson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments if you've been encouraged!

Popular Posts

Search This Blog