Saturday, March 6, 2010

Don't Put a Question Where God Has Placed a Period

There is no greater feeling than when I have genuinely cast my burden to the Lord. Ahhh . . . what a relief! It almost gives the appearance that I don't have a care in the world.

But why should I overwhelm myself with problems I know I cannot resolve on my own? If I’m going to worry, why pray?  Learning to cast my fears, troubles, anxieties, and anything that can be considered and packaged into a care to the Lord has been a learning process. Over the years, I have resolved to walk in the rest and peace of God instead of musing over the "what if's". As a result, I’ve experienced an inner peace; one that truly passes all understanding.

But this did not come without trial and error. I’ve had my share of insomnia, cried tears to fill up the bathtub, and experienced overwhelming fear and heartache, and the more I focused on the problem, the more it grew like yeast.

However, when I redirected my attention to the Word of God and His promises, although the problems did not vanish away, I found my fears did. Instead of subjecting myself to the oppression, suppression, and depression, which were grimly gazing down at me like a predator ready to pounce on its prey, I became empowered and repositioned by the anointed Word of God.

My shift came because my thinking changed, and as a result, I was able to face my opposition perfectly hearing the instructions, strategy, and plan of God instead of panicking, being afraid, and clueless. No more did I see myself as a victim but a victor armed and dangerous.

The repositioning of our mind can quickly overturn the outcome of the battle. If you know who you are, whose you are, and to whom you belong to, then there is no trial in life that can defeat you.

Think of all that the Lord has brought you through already. This should be enough to bullet you into your next level. He didn't let you drown in the mess nor did He give up on you. He simply open doors, granted favor, or made a way. Sometimes, we just need a gentle reminder - the Lord takes care of His own.

Don't put a question mark where God puts a period. Be encouraged knowing that he who kneels before the Lord can stand before anything.

Psalms 55:22-23
Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

But You, O god, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction; bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in you.

Tilt your hearts toward the Son!

Narda Goodson
Official Website: Narda Goodson Ministries
Women's Network: Predestined by God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments if you've been encouraged!

Popular Posts

Search This Blog