Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hung by the Tongue - Part 2

Rehabilitating our mouths is a JOB! Ever wanted to tell someone off? It was my privilege and my right, at least in my book, one time or another.

Where you did it is where you got it, and trust me, I didn't have a problem doing a 360 degree Linda Blair switch twitch with my tender neckline, and like Peter, I was armed and dangerous, ready to defend my cause.

But as we mature in Christ, this typical and loose behavior must one endeavor to hold the reigns; for the tongue is a FIRE living in a world of its own. Oh, our tongues, such a small member of our bodies, yet, who can control it's flaming sword that oftentimes causes us many troubles and dishonor? The contentions, strife, and scandals that such a little unruly member can ablaze.

Let us take heed to conduct ourselves to speak life instead of death, blessings instead of curses. When tempted to "go off" on somebody, pull the plug, draw back the briddle, stop its life-support system and shut it down. In the flesh this is impossible but with Christ shall nothing be impossible. ~Narda Goodson

Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? Let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom (James 3:13).



Narda Goodson 
First Lady of Whitewright, Texas 
Official Website: http://nardagoodson.org 
Women's Network: http://predestinedbygod.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments if you've been encouraged!

Popular Posts

Search This Blog