Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WacKy Wednesday: The TEA PARTY

Excited about the invitation for the grand tea party the day had finally arrived. I arrayed myself with my dazzling fancy pashminas, jewelry, and snazzy stilettos to complement. The silky gloves looked stunningly beautiful as they caressed and glazed over my elbows. The stone on the fi...nger glistened as it captured and reflected the iridescent tints of the soft and silky fabric, while my wrists were embroidered in what appeared to be dancing icicles.

Engrossed in deep thought with the afternoon’s affair, I couldn’t help but to imagine the variety of palatable tea my lips were going to embrace. Would they have imported tea from the eastern world, exotic tea from the islands, or simply delicious flavors I had never tasted before? The delightful aromas that would inundate the night’s atmosphere were surely going to be a delightfully pleasant one.

As my mental depiction further submerged to the intense fancies of aristocratic elegance, I could foresee the lavishly embellished décor delicately pirouetting behind the scenes of chatter and laughter. Ooh, I couldn’t wait.
My journey there felt longer than normal, but once I arrived near my destination, I was astonished to see that there were people scattered everywhere and hardly places to park. I never imagined what would happen next.

Revelation has a way of kicking in at the oddest moments of my adventures. As I stared at the posse of people facing the courthouse, my enchanted filled evening of exquisite tea and fun camaraderie soon dissipated in thin air. So did the petit fours, scones, quiche hors d'ouvres, cherry tarts, chocolate truffles and the beautifully arrayed furnishings.

I was at a tea party alright!

Narda Goodson
First Lady of Whitewright, Texas
Influence, Inspire, & Infiltrate! 

Official Website: Narda Goodson Ministries
Women's Network: Predestined by God
Facebook: @nardagoodson
Twitter: @nardagoodson
LinkedIn: @nardagoodson
Narda's WacKy Wednesday Adventures
Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments if you've been encouraged!

Popular Posts

Search This Blog